Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to Plusnet

Jonesey42
Dabbler

Moving to Plusnet

Hi all,
Just posting to see if anyone can give some advice. I'm currently with Nildram (talktalk) and trying to become a new customer with Plusnet. Ive asked for a MAC code but after 3 attempts, still waiting. My registration with Plusnet I suppose will be on hold til I get the code.
Is there anything I can do to get them to pull their finger out ?
I have raised this issue in my help assist ,question #59328182
Thanks for any help anyone can provide
David
6 REPLIES 6
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Moving to Plusnet

http://www.maccode.org.uk/switch-broadband/guide-to-switching-broadband-in-uk/
The existing broadband provider must supply a MAC on request by the customer within five working days, along with its expiry date, and must not charge for this service
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Jonesey42
Dabbler

Thanks for your fast reply w23.
I registered with Plusnet on the 31/08 and asked for the code the same time. The last time I phones them, (Fri 7th) I did remind them that it was over 5 days and was told there was no request on their system. It's now day 11 and still waiting.  Angry
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Did you call them on 0800 110 5172 to request your MAC? That is the contact number given on this Plusnet help page (click the what is a MAC key? button).
David
Jonesey42
Dabbler

Thanks for that spraxyt, I'm sure the number I called was different ,will call that number in the morning.
LukeAger
Grafter

I would recommend calling them again. Any ISP should be providing a MAC code within 7 days of your request in line with industry regulations. If the first request isn't logged then perhaps asking for a reference next time you call will ensure they are logging these requests correctly. If you still have trouble obtaining it, it could be worth speaking to a manager or even escalating your complaint through to OFCOM. This would be as a last resort.
bugbod
Dabbler

Plusnet did all that for me.