cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving sent emails (Outlook) [Solved]

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moving sent emails (Outlook) [Solved]

I've set up some rules so that any emails I send go to one of several subfolders in the Sent folder rather than the sent folder itself. I know the rules work because when I select ed the Sent folder and ran each rule they were moved correctly.
The problem is, when I send any new emails they still go straight to the Sent folder and not one of the sunfolders as per its respective rule.
Does anyone have any ideas what I may be doing wrong?
Cheers

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: Moving sent emails (Outlook)

Sounds like the rule is not running when you send mail.
Check that the rule is 'applied after sending message'

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Moving sent emails (Outlook)

That was it, thanks.
It seems that, when you set up the rule, you have to choose the option 'Check messages after sending' first then click on Next to add the rule options. I was setting the rule options first.
Cheers
Edit; This has brought upo another problem - how to get them marked as read.
Under the 'What do you want to do with this message' section of the wizard there is a 'Perform a custom action' option but there are no actions present in the box that opens and I can't see how to add any.
Outlook help say this is provided by addons (which MS don't provide). Does anyone know of a reputable site for these addons?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still