cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house, building house..

gordonmac

Moving house, building house..

This is a bit of an omnibus query, so I've put it here. Any advice, "official" or otherwise, welcome.
I've got Your Way option 2 broadband, Talk Anytime phone, and a domain originally a freebie from PlusNet, which we use for email only, but are very attached to. And I'm very happy with PN, and don't want to move from it unless forced to!
We're going to build a new house, and will rent during the build (say up to a year or so). So that means (1) move to a rental property, then (2) move to a house with a brand new line. We've never moved house in the epoch of the internet, so this bit is new to me.
A phone line will come with a rented house. Whether I can transfer my broadband I don't yet know. If yes, maybe no problems - just transfer the PN account (minus line & calls?). But if  there's a break in using PN, I'd need to move the domain out. Any advice on this? Would I be best to move it out anyway? Who's good or not at parking & email provision or forwarding (& maybe website - to show progress of the build of course!)?  Can I avoid a break in email delivery? How do I notify PlusNet?
When the new build is ready, that would be a new line (we can see the BT exchange, so hopefully a good speed!). Does that have to come directly from BT (& I got the impression that BT require a term contract: 12 months??)? Does that mean I could get (move to, if already moved to the rental) a PN broadband connection, but not the phone calls until the contract is up?
Someone here must have done something like this!