Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved house, nothing happening..

jet5y
Dabbler

Moved house, nothing happening..

Hi,
I logged a house move on the 16th of Jan (over two weeks now) saying I was moving but happy to move the services over to my new place at  any time. Then after I didn't hear anything by the 27th (and left messages that weren't responded to) I rang and was told that BT had rejected it and had to be relogged.
That was 5 days ago now and I've heard nothing since (including yet another unresponded to message, I'm guessing these aren't looked at). I've moved out of my old house completely and will be handing the keys over tomorrow but my line is still active, I haven't heard from an engineer at all and have nothing as to what's supposed to be happening. What's going on? If someone moves into my old house, I hope I'm not going to be charged anything, come to that, I'm currently paying for a service I'm not even receiving!
For an award winning service, my recent experiences have been absolutely dreadful.  Angry
18 REPLIES 18
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Moved house, nothing happening..

Good morning jet5y,
I've tried ringing you on your mobile but there was no answer or voicemail facility.
Sorry to hear of our poor communication with you. It looks like the agent sent your ticket to an incorrect pool that is rarely picked up.
Where we left off is that we had replaced your phone order for you, and we were waiting for a confirmed phone appointment before we placed your fibre order to match.
I have followed this up and your order is booked in for 05/02/2015 between 8am and 1pm. I'll try and get your fibre order expedited to the matching date, and will update you this afternoon.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
jet5y
Dabbler

Hi Matty,
Thank you very much for responding so quickly. Sorry I couldn't take your call this morning, I was stuck in a meeting. Thursday morning would be great. I look forward to the fibre confirmation also.
Thanks, Paul
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm quite relieved to hear that as I haven't given you a great timescale there. Smiley
Will look forward to contacting you later.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quick update:
Both assets are now appointed for Thursday morning. I've left this with our house moves team in the correct pool now so keep me posted on how you get on Smiley
Matty
jet5y
Dabbler

Great stuff. Thanks for sorting this out for me Matty. I'll let you know how I get on.
jet5y
Dabbler

Hi Matty,
All in and installed, hurrah! Thanks for the help. The speed is coming up as 35 down but only 1 up though. Is that normal? The engineer checked his cabling etc from his end.
Thanks, Paul
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just checked the order and it's definitely placed on the right product (80/20). Looking at the estimates, I'd expect you to be getting more than 1Mbps upload speed. However at the moment I can't even test the line as the order hasn't officially closed off yet. That should happen later today which means we'll be able to test the line tomorrow.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

What does it say for the upstream IP Profile if you run the Further Diagnostics from a BT speed test?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jet5y
Dabbler

I get this:
Results Image not loaded
1. Best Effort Test:
Download Speed : 25.88 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:
Upload Speed : 0.33 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.
jet5y
Dabbler

Hi Chris, are you able to now test the line?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry, I've had this thread open most of the day meaning to reply but for some reason haven't!
I'm going to test it now and see what's going on.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
catelliott
Grafter

Hi there,
I've ran a few tests on the line but I can't find any obvious problems, so it might be best to raise the issue to our Faults team at:
https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults
The connection rate is a little lower than estimated, so there might be something there, but Faults will be able to give further advice.
jet5y
Dabbler

My line is noisy, it crackles and clicks constantly. So I logged a fault, got sent some test info to which I had to buy a wired handset as my wireless handset is insufficient. Tried the tests with my wired handset, exactly the same results, replied to the fault not yesterday morning and now, nothing. It feels like I'm going round in circles, is it logged? Will someone respond please? I'm now nearly on a month since logging my house move.
catelliott
Grafter

Hi there,
I can see we need to send out an engineer, so I'm going to try and sort one for you. I'll be back in touch via the ticket once this is organised for you Smiley