cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved from BT to Plusnet.

bobbingo

Moved from BT to Plusnet.

First post so be nice!
i moved from BT to Plusnet (early last month) using a MAC code all went fantastically well and my broadband is now over over twice as fast and half the price of BT.
Now before i migrated, i phoned BT and asked if i needed to cancel anything. They said no i wasn't in contract anymore (been with BT since an engineer install in 2001!) and my payment with them would automatically cease.
So of course come the end of August the payment comes off my credit card again! No problem phone BT(and wait for a long time) get through to customer services and explain the problem to be told that i've never had broadband with BT since
it's not showing on the telephone account! So it can't be cancelled because it doesn't exist.
Then today i get an email from BT advising me that I've been upgraded to BT Total BroadBand and yes you've guessed it on a new 12 month contract! Warren Buckley (Managing Director, Customer Service) even thanked me for choosing BT!
Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I've drawn a blank complaining to BT since i don't have Broadband with them! (and never have done according to customer services!)
Any ideas as to who i can complain to?Huh
3 REPLIES 3
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Moved from BT to Plusnet.

BT phone and BT broadband are two separate companies
bobbingo

Agreed but BT Broadband asked for the phone number which the broadband was on (i only have one phone line!) and the account number. (i also only have one of those!)
Neither my phone line nor my account number has ever had broadband ....according to BT!
When the paperwork for the new 12 month contract arrives i should have a new account number (kumar in customer services has just told me!) but of course i then have to cancel it!
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Quote from: pierre_pierre
BT phone and BT broadband are two separate companies

Er, no, Bt Retail supply voice and broadband services.
Welcome to the forum bobbingo.  Smiley
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)