Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Mouse

Have had the same mouse since getting my first computer so think it's time to change from my wired mouse to a more modern one.
Have been looking at these tracker ball mice, anyone use one ? or have any other comments on a  new mouse.
We are born into history and history is born into us.
11 REPLIES 11
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Mouse

I used to have a "large" mouse , as standard issue with desktop computers... but since using a laptop, have opted for a "mini mouse".... some are very small, and can cause pain trying to use them for a long while..... so I bought myself "the next size up" , which was still half the size of the "normal" mouse.... then I got the next size up which is similar to this one...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-LED-Optical-Wired-Scroll-Wheel-Mini-Mouse-Mice-For-PC-Laptop-Black-/18...
Which I find very comfortable to use... very accurate, light, and a joy to use....
would never go back to using  half a house brick for a mouse.... can`t understand why they still make them... so heavy, and bulky....
Mav
Fixes: 515

Coincidently, I have just bought my third Logitech M215. I have one each for our laptops and today's purchase is to replace the one for SWMBO's PC which died this morning.
We both find them very comfortable even though I have quite big hands with long fingers.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Of course the advantage of a wired mouse is that it doesn't need batteries or recharging.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

And another disadvantage of the wireless mouse..... Price !...
Mine cost just over £3. in Asda...!
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I can recommend the Microsoft mouse.
It's the only decent product they make.  Grin

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Their keyboards and webcams aren't too bad, just avoid their software  Tongue
MS mice can be pretty good but I find them a bit pricey compared to Logitech
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
colintivy
Rising Star

I have a Genius and a Microsoft Basic Optical, both have worked for years without hitch. The optical (ball-less) principle does away with mats and cannot fur-up. Both were quite cheap I seem to remember.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Un
I can recommend the Microsoft mouse.

+1 for that.  Cool
Having used lots of PC's over many many years I always buy Microsoft ones for my own use. IntelliMouse.
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Aaaah, de-furring mice. Those were the days.  Crazy
That's RPM to you!!
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Mouse Balls are now available as Field Replacement Unit . Therefore, if a mouse fails to operate or should it perform erratically, it may need a ball replacement. Because of the delicate nature of this procedure, replacement of mouse balls should only be attempted by properly trained personnel.
Before proceeding, determine the type of mouse balls by examining the underside of the mouse.
Domestic balls will be harder and larger than foreign balls.
Ball removal procedures differ depending on the manufacturer of the mouse. Foreign balls can be replaced using the pop-off method. Domestic balls are replaced using the twist off method.
Mouse Balls are usually not static sensitive. However, excessive handling can result in sudden discharge.
Upon completion of ball replacement, the mouse may be used immediately.
It is recommended that each replacer have a pair of spare balls for maintaining optimum customer satisfaction, and that any customer missing his balls should suspect local personnel of removing these necessary items.
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Have you ever taken a mouse apart?
It's astonishing how flimsy they are inside.
I don't know how the ball can manage to operate to the customers satisfaction.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."