Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse not being recognised

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Mouse not being recognised

Attached screen shots are of two tabs from the Windows 7 mouse control panel window.
They obviously are at odds to each other. Any idea how to get Windows to recognise the mouse properly?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
6 REPLIES 6
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Mouse not being recognised

A little more explanation might help us to find the solution.  Is the mouse actually not working?
jelv
Seasoned Hero

It's working, but not 100% right. The vertical scrolling on the wheel has gone bananas, one or two notches and I've shot from top to bottom of a long web page or Word document. And that's in spite of me setting the the speeds for that to the minimum.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Could it be that you (or Windows Updates) have installed the wrong drivers?  What you have is close enough to give you functionality but some of the details of operation are wrong?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I had 6 updates thrown in my direction today putting correct Win 7  problems like this, had to look at the support files to find what they were about http://support.microsoft.com/ph/14019
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you actually have a Microsoft USB wireless intellipoint mouse - as the driver in your screenshot suggests ?
If you DO have a true Microsoft mouse, then you could try installing the latest drivers from http://www.microsoft.com/uk/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=MK, otherwise get the correct driver from the manufacturer of YOUR mouse !
jelv
Seasoned Hero

It's a Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 v2.0.
Ii was working OK and only started playing up after the first set of batteries died - I'd assumed it was something to do with that, but pierre_pierre's post has reminded me that I also installed MS updates at the same time. I'm thinking I might totally uninstall the driver and start again.