Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse no work and other heap big troubles

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Mouse no work and other heap big troubles

I'm having to post from another computer.
This morning I was removing unused programs and also windows updates hoping that thre would be consolications), when the mouse (wired optical froze. I could only turn off by using the switch at the rear of the computer, hoping that a rebbit would clear glitch. I turend computer back on and windows loaded. The mouse still did not work, but disturbingly, there was an extremely long list of "new hardware founds". These can only be installed by using key strokes until the "Finish" appears, byt as there is no jey stroke letter hilited, each time I have to switch off and on again for the next item for installation.
Firstly, what has happended and the likely cause?
Secondly how do I cure it?
FYI System is XP2 SP2. AMD Athlon 2400
NVIDIA nForce K7N2M/K7N2GM series mother board.
Please help
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
5 REPLIES 5
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Re: Mouse no work and other heap big troubles

I assume its a USB mouse? If so, did you make sure the USB controllers are installed (in Device Manager)?
Finding a cause would be difficult, finding a solution would be much easier Smiley
Luzern
Hero

Quote from: MikeWhitehead
I assume its a USB mouse? If so, did you make sure the USB controllers are installed (in Device Manager)?

Mouse is run of mill MS wired optical. Big problem is getting anywhwre like Device Manager with key strokes, as often I cannot find them or they do not exist. Sad
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
James
Grafter

CTRL + ESC
Control Panel
System
Cursor right to hardware
Tab to device manager.
Should hopefully do the job?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Is there an option in the bios to enable usb mouse support - this may help as it wouldn't rely on windows.
Luzern
Hero

The light was on and it is a wired mouse. Actually son in law came round and at a rate of knots managed to get me to system restore, too fast for my old septuagenarian eyes and all is now well. Cheesy I thin that most likely it was something nesr James'advice though.