cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motherboard Number Two

valart
Grafter

Motherboard Number Two

I have had my second visit from the Dell technician in less then a week he replaced the motherboard again and put in a new battery I asked him if I was going to have more trouble and  he was sure that it was a faulty board he said that he looked at the stats on my computer and it showed that it was not working properly.I have been on my computer for about twenty mins and so far all is working well.I am a little bit worried that my computer may freeze again.
3 REPLIES 3
blinky
Grafter

Re: Motherboard Number Two

Has he replaced the motherboard both visits?
If so then I would be asking whether there is something else that is killing the MB, Dell`s PC are usually pretty good, the boards and mostly basic but do seem to run forever.  I have a friends Dell PC here at the moment and the inside is covered in dust and crap and the PC is still running, been like that for years from what he told me.
If this board dies, and I hope it doesn't, ask for a more details investigation into the problem, maybe the power supply is spiking the board and frying it that way!?
Anyhow good luck and hope it keeps running for you,
Blinky.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Al3x
Dabbler

I worked on a dell inspiron laptop for a customer today, wrote it off as it was just over a year old (out of warranty) and it was a faulty mainboard.  I advised her to phone Dell and explain the situation, now they are doing it for her under warranty eventhough it is now out of warranty.  She is an elderly lady and never moves it off her desk so yes, mainboards in Dells can go. 
The most troublesome laptops for mainboard failure however are HP/Compaqs.  We write those off all the time.