cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor destroyed by graphics card?

seanbranagh
Grafter

Monitor destroyed by graphics card?

I set about fixing a computer that was not starting up. Exactly what this meant I was not sure so I connected it up as usual with the monitor, keyboard, mouse, network point I have set aside for fixing computers.
The 15" Packard Bell LCD I use for this did not come on when connected to the computer. When disconnected from the computer the power light comes on but just stays green. It does not display no signal on the screen or anything at all and the light does not then go amber as it should. It appears to be completely dead apart from the green light. I know it was definitely working before I connected it to this computer. It does absolutely nothing when I try it on other computers or laptops.
I have tried disconnecting all cables and holding the power button for at least 15 seconds but with no joy.
Could the graphics card have destroyed the monitor?
Edit: The monitor is a Packard Bell FT500B and the graphics card is an ATI PCIE card.
3 REPLIES 3
artificer
Grafter

Re: Monitor destroyed by graphics card?

is there a menu button on the monitor that allows you to do a setup?  that might help to confirm the monitor working, or not.
seanbranagh
Grafter

The buttons do nothing, nothing on the screen and the power light just stays green.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Could it be a power supply problem?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."