Did you mean: 

Modem Help Please

FIXED
Beanhead
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Modem Help Please

Hey all,

I've been a PN customer for quite a while now and never had the opportunity for fibre... until now!

My local exchange has been recently upgraded (massive poster by openreach plastered on it which I spotted) and after querying with PN they confirmed I could now receive Unlimited Fibre Extra.

Now, based on the layout of my apartment and location of the router I always struggled with the wifi on the 2704N and having read the reviews of the Plusnet Hub One I have a dreaded feeling it might be the same.

I replaced my 2704N with this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OA4YJFY/, but appreciate it's an ADSL modem/router.

I've been thinking about purchasing a BT Openreach Moden but I'm slightly confused by the labelling, am I right in thinking there's two types? One by Huawei and another by ECI?

Can anyone help me with which I'd need to bolt on for another external router please?

Many thanks and any help appreciated.

Beans

2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: Modem Help Please

Fix

I've been thinking about purchasing a BT Openreach Moden but I'm slightly confused by the labelling, am I right in thinking there's two types? One by Huawei and another by ECI?

You are correct. Both will work but it's generally accepted that the Huawei HG612 ones are much better.

Your TPLink D2 does have an EWAN port to connect to the modem so should work, but I can't find a detailed manual to download to confirm the setup.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Beanhead
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Modem Help Please

Brilliant - thanks for clarifying on the confusion.

I shall order a HG612 and attempt the use of this existing router.