Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Day & Date

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Missing Day & Date

At one time I could scroll over the clock in the Task bar and the date would appear, now it does not.
The correct time is displayed. Can someone advise me how to switch this facility back on.
Thanks.
Windows XP
We are born into history and history is born into us.
5 REPLIES 5
hadden
Grafter

Re: Missing Day & Date

It's formatted according to the long date format in the regional settings, so perhaps the default region or language has been changed at some time?
One way to change this back is:
1. Control Panel
2. Regional and Language Options
3. Regional Options
4. Customize...
5. Date
6. Long date format = dd MMMM yyyy
However, selecting a different Region/Language in the Regional Options tab before step 4 might be sufficient.
thejudge
Rising Star

If you have the same problem with other tooltips or popups from the taskbar/systray not appearing, then this indicates a well-known bug in XP.
There are a variety of suggested solutions, some more complex/long-winded than others.
See http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-xp-tips/tooltips-system-tray-not-showing-xp/, for example.
HTH
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

Thanks for the responses. Have tried these along with tooltip fixer but the problem remains.
What is odd, is that there is no problem with any other tool tips on the task bar..... they all appear ok.. it's just the time which fails to display the day and date when you scroll over it.
I guess the easiest solution is to search around for a free program that displays the day & date !
johpal
Grafter

@gleneagles
Try TClockEx it replaces the time display at the bottom right of the screen with day, date and time (customisable).
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

johpal,
Thanks for that.... just what I was looking for !