Did you mean: 

Mint 9 - new features

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Mint 9 - new features

Just been checking the blog, some nice new features coming with Mint 9
My ABSOLUTE favourite is this
It will allow you to backup/restore your installed apps. so you can easily install a fresh copy and have all your "normal" apps restored quickly.
Can't wait for next month  Cheesy
5 REPLIES 5
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Mint 9 - new features

Cool Feature!!
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
HairyMcbiker
All Star

Unfortunaly you still need to keep a note of your updated sources, it will not update them for you, so if like me you add a LOT of 3rd party sources you need to back them up and add them after you install. but at least the basis is there.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Yeah and they will improve on the feature as it matures
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Not applicable

Sounds very Windows-ish (sorry). However, doubtless it'll be good for folk like yourselves that have a lot of stuff on the computer. Being a basic computer user, I'd rather just back up my docs and bits and pieces to external media and do a new install/start again. Am thinking of putting Mint back on the lappy in a day or two and give it a longer go this time but will stick with Helena for now.
Otherwise, I am rather fancying trying out one of the simple ones though like Puppy or DSL (just for fun) so might give it a try .
HairyMcbiker
All Star

Don't mistake small for simple! Puppy and DSL both have their learning curves.
As to be windowish, I know of no program that worked in windows to backup your added programs so to re-install them, i.e. the installers not the actual programs.