Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minor email "problem"

petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

Minor email "problem"

Back in the days of Win 95/98/Me when replying to email, it was possible to set up the earlier versions of OE to automatically set the font in a colour (most commonly blue, but other colours were available) I have not been able to find the option to set this (assuming the option still exists) in the later versions of OE or Thunderbird.
Does the option still exist? or do I carry on what I do now, and highlight the reply text and change the colour the "normal" way?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
5 REPLIES 5
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Minor email "problem"

Try
Tools --> Options --> Compose tab --> Mail Font setting --> Colour drop down.

This sets the FONT colour.
One last trick.  You have to select HTML format to make use of this new default.
Tools --> Options --> Send tab --> Select the HTML button under Mail Setting format

Works for me.
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

petlew
Pro

Doesn't work for Thunderbird though, it does have a colour option, but only a general option, not specific to replies.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
samuria
Grafter

In thunderbird under options then composition/general you can set the color but to use it you have to send as html
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I would like to see all HTML email banned.
If you want to imitate a web page, then go ahead and build your site.
If you can't say it in text, then email is not the correct medium to use.
Whenever and wherever it's possible to opt for standard ascii emails, then I always set that as my preference.
With email, the client is free to ignore any colour etc you may specify.
Indeed, if you send HTML, it is free to drop all HTML content.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

petlew
Pro

Quote from: samuria
In thunderbird under options then composition/general you can set the color but to use it you have to send as html

Yes quite right samuria, unfortunately (depending on your point of view) it changes the colour for everything (in Thunderbird) not just replies, unlike OE. Been looking through the myriad of Mozilla plug-in's for something like the OE option, if there is I can't find one. Seem to recall it was available in the very old Netscape email though!!