Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft warns of possible attacks on Windows using false ssl certificate

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Microsoft warns of possible attacks on Windows using false ssl certificate

http://www.techweekeurope.co.uk/security/microsoft-ssl-164611?utm_source=avast&site_under=true
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
3 REPLIES 3
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

Re: Microsoft warns of possible attacks on Windows using false ssl certificate

Another fault from microsoft's lack of security, I would say I'm not surprised, but, I expect lots of security flaws with them... Grin
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

not Microsoft that failed though its comodo that issued the fake certificate, any security is only as good as the person validating it, and yet again the issuing authority has been the weak link !
that its yet another fake ssl certificate issued by comodo is no great surprise either (they have a long history of doing it ) that MS has advertised the fact is a credit to themselves as is the fact they changed the revoked certificate list update functionality from windows 8 onwards to prevent such attack vectors being any use once the thing gets revoked ....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
NedLudd
Grafter

Well, I went to install the recommended 2 updates. One said that it was not required on this computer and the other said it was already installed! Huh
Geoff,
York.