cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Works 8.5

penneck
Aspiring Pro

Microsoft Works 8.5

This thread is taking over from a previous thread from me on the subject of Works 8.5.
I have a problem with Works where if I click on the "Open Calendar" button, I get a "This process has failed, do you want to send a report to Microsoft?" message. It had been working perfectly until about a week ago.
If I uninstall Works, and then re-install it, the diary entries are still available. I have been told that uninstall doesn't remove data such as these diary entries, so that re-installing doesn't lose them. However, I suppose it is possible that the diary entries have been corrupted in such a way that the "Open Calendar" button fails.
I haven't been able to find this diary entries file, so would someone please let me know where it is hiding.
My thanks for any help
2 REPLIES 2
minkey
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Microsoft Works 8.5

mmm, I don't use works but its installed on my system  - Done a search and it looks like they are stored here:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Works
I have version 7.0 but it probably hasn't changed.
penneck
Aspiring Pro

Re: Microsoft Works 8.5

Thanks. That was BRILLIANT. I went to where you said, copied the files to somewhere safe, then uninstalled Works.
I then re-installed it, and one file at a time, I renamed one of the new files, and copied the old version back. After each of these, I tried Works, and the "Open Calendar" button worked properly. The only file that caused a problem was "CalRU" so I stayed with the new one.
Eventually, I had moved all of old files back, except for CalRU, and Hey Presto, Works worked and all my old diary entries were still there.
FANTASTIC!!!!!!
Many thanks