Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000

TomP
Grafter

Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000

Literally tearing my hair out over this one!  Angry
Got the above product last night. Followed the installation instructions (Never usually do), CD first, then plug in the receiver, then the keyboard and mouse get batteries.
Nothing
Not even the clunking noise of a new thing being plugged into the USB port. On inspection of the intellimouse/keyboard thing it says that both the mouse and keyboard have a strong wireless signal. Even with the receiver unplugged and batteries out they both still have a strong signal.
I have tried various uninstalls and reinstalls to no avail. Is it a knackered receiver or am I being a complete biff about something? Hunted round Google and all I can see it people saying they get some cutouts from the keyboard or mouse.
Novatech Laptop
Windows XP
2 REPLIES 2
TomP
Grafter

Re: Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000

Disregard all above. Was a lose connection on the receiver. Only by firing up Ubuntu and getting so frustrated a attacked the receiver did it come to life!
Sorry for wasting your time chaps  Embarrassed
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000

out of interest
I have an Asus Eeepc - Linux variety.  The keyboard is small to say the least, I take it on Hols and today bought a roll up plastic keyboard from Argos for the princely sum of £3.89.  it said Win2000/me/xp.  Plugged it in worked first time.  its full size, USB but Pink, who cares at that price Grin Grin