cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Office 2016 for Home & Student

penneck
Aspiring Pro

Re: Microsoft Office 2016 for Home & Student

An update - my grand-daughter tells me she needs Microsoft Office 2016 Home & Student because part of the course apparently involves answering questions on using MS Office. Therefore, unfortunately, LibreOffice will not be any use to her.

So I go on the web to find a copy of the required s/w to purchase and I found 'BuyMSOffice'. I bought a copy from them, then missed a phone call from them asking to confirm the order. They left a message on my answer machine but the phone number they quoted was garbled. An e-mail they sent had the number so I phoned back but the office was closed. I went on the web looking for them, and found TrustPilot. There are some good reviews but the number of complaints on there about them is very worrying. This may be too soon to start looking at getting a refund. I may need to get my credit card changed too. They also sent me an e-mail stating my account details including my password, which I think is a bad move by them.

Anyone with experience of these people? Any thoughts?

Cheers

Mav
Fixes: 515

Not sure what you paid but have you tried software4students for MS Office 2016 Home and Student. I have used these numerous times without any problems.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@Mav eBuyer beats your price by £1 Cheesy

penneck
Aspiring Pro

Hello Mav. Unfortunately, I didn't use software4students. I had a look and they seemed to need me to have an academic e-mail address, which I don't have. However, I seem to have got MS Office from BuyMSOffice installed, but not without problems. That's a long story so you wont want to know. The next few days could be interesting

Thanks to all for the help