cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Exchange problem

dgreen007
Grafter

Microsoft Exchange problem

This is probably an extremely simple problem but I can't seem to work it out.
I use Microsoft Outlook to receive my emails and I am able to do this perfectly ok with my HTC Tytn II mobile but for some strange reason I'm unable to receive them on my PC.
I haven't changed anything (as far as I know) and it was working fine on Friday but not since Sunday.
Unfortunately the Guy who hosts my email server has emigrated and I can't get hold of him. Brilliant  Sad
Any ideas?
11 REPLIES 11
Lurker
Grafter

Re: Microsoft Exchange problem

How do you access them on your PC? Via IMAP, POP3 etc?
dgreen007
Grafter

Good question but how to I check this?
Lurker
Grafter

Which version of Outlook do you use? (Click 'Help>About' if you are not sure.)
dgreen007
Grafter

Outlook 2003
dgreen007
Grafter

The Error message I get is:
! Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004011D) : 'The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists.'
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Look here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289971
or here http://slashstar.com/blogs/tim/archive/2005/12/02/Outlook-Exchange-0x8004011D.aspx
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
dgreen007
Grafter

Strat, thanks for the links.
I followed the one which suggested removing the profile and starting again but I am now having problems setting it back up again.
I can't get hold of the guy who runs the email server and wondered if I could find these settings somewhere else.
Any ideas?
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

David, it sounds to me as if you are digging yourself deeper and deeper into a hole.  You should have made a careful note of your settings before removing the old ones!  However if your 'HTC Tytn II mobile' can receive your emails then presumably you can look the settings up on that.  Apart from the password; that you just have to know. 
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

You need the name or IP address of the Exchange server, your username and your password.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Lurker
Grafter

And if you'd rather wait, you can just use Outlook Web Access to get to your mails (I'm assuming its active, as its the easiest way to implement Windows Mobile devices from a mail perspective)
dgreen007
Grafter

Quote from: ReedRichards
David, it sounds to me as if you are digging yourself deeper and deeper into a hole.  You should have made a careful note of your settings before removing the old ones!  However if your 'HTC Tytn II mobile' can receive your emails then presumably you can look the settings up on that.  Apart from the password; that you just have to know. 

I've just been contacted by my elusive IT guy and he has told me that there is a fault with the outlook side of things which he is looking into.
I had set up the profile correctly but the problem was his side.
I'm using the web access so I'm not in too much of a pickle now.
Thanks for all your help
Cheesy