cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

juliasdream
Grafter

every now and then my computer crashes. it switches off and when it restarts I get the message "The system has recovered from a serious error.
The error report says:
BCCode : 1000007e    BCP1 : C0000005    BCP2 : EF6A858F    BCP3 : EEE79A14
BCP4 : EEE79710    OSVer : 5_1_2600    SP : 2_0    Product : 768_1   
and it says that the following files will be sent in the report
C:\DOCUME~1\GARYBU~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER96aa.dir00\Mini090407-02.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\GARYBU~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER96aa.dir00\sysdata.xml
Can anyone help me understand what it is?
I have an AMD sempron 2400 1.6ghz 512mb RAM and a new 80gb hard drive running XP home SP2
2 REPLIES 2
gary
Grafter

Re: Message: The system recovered from a serious error

If you send the error report to Microsoft what does it say possibly caused the problem? The error reports are never 100% correct but it will always give you an idea of what might be wrong.
It usually a graphics card driver however.
holdtight
Grafter

Re: Message: The system recovered from a serious error

Do you mean it reboots itself when this problem occurs ? if so right click on my computer and go to properties in the system properties window click on advanced then click on settings under start up and recovery and uncheck automatically restart, you may then get an error message instead of a reboot which will help diagnose the problem
A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch which is nearly always a hardware compability issue and quite often means a driver issue
As Gary quite rightly says its more than likely graphics card drivers and a simple uninstall / reinstall or a newer version could possibly be enough to cure it