cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mcafee question

Nige62
Grafter

Mcafee question

Hi, I know this would probably be better on a computer forum, but as the problem only started when we installed Plusnets version of Mcafee, I thought I would ask here incase any one else might have had problem.
  As we dont do a lot of printing we tend to leave the printer turned off most of the time. Problem is, when we do turn it on, Mcafee automatically scans the printer for some reason. I have looked everywhere but I cant find out why it does this. We previously had o2 Mcafee and never had this happen, so why now ?
I suppose this is more annoying than a real problem, but was wondering if anyone had any ideas what causes this.
Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
zxcvbnm
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Mcafee question

I don't suppose your printer has a built in card reader or something? Perhaps it worried about those?
I never really liked mccafe to be honest. It may be better nowadays but I always blamed in for slowing down computers. I generally just use the free microsoft security essentials, the chrome webrowser and try and keep my updates and bits up to date. I may be living more dangerously than I realise of course. But so far ok I think.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

which printer is it
Nige62
Grafter

Printer is HP photosmart 2575 all in one.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I think that you need to make the printer IP address trusted http://www.justanswer.com/computer-networking/737ie-mcafee-total-protection-blocking-printers-printi...
This is because the printer has a memory card I believe but I am not sure how to get round the problem as I don't use McAfee
Nige62
Grafter

Right, looks like it will have to stay like it is then. Strange how we had no problem when using the o2 version of Mcafee though.
Thanks for replys.
jdesborough

I have been a McAfee for several years through a Plusnet direct debit monthly payment.   What happens now regarding the monthly payments?

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

You've just resurrected a thread from 2013!

When I migrated to FTTC from ADSL, which had free McAfee, it just stopped updating.

Are you leavings Plusnet or changing package?

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Anonymous
Not applicable

Necrobumping?