cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee messed up my Outlook. HELP!

juliasdream
Grafter

McAfee messed up my Outlook. HELP!

Thanks to Mcafee spamkiller I no longer have use of Outlook.
I just installed the free version of Mcafee spamkiller from Computeractive at www.computeractive.co.uk/mcafee/index and tried it out.
I found it too imposing and interfering. It was preventing wanted mail as well as unwanted and messed up my settings.
I went to add/remove programs and removed it
Since removing it I cant open Outlook
I get the usual error reporting from microsoft which I cancel then theres nothing.
I tried running repair from my microsoft office 2000 installation disc and that didn't work so I tried re-installing selecting only Outlook and that didnt work either.
I have been into computer management and found the following Errors under "Application":
Faulting application outlook.exe, version 9.0.0.2416, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x000106c3.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Can anyone help?
Thanks
2 REPLIES
juliasdream
Grafter

Re: McAfee messed up my Outlook. HELP!

Quote from: PJ
Obvious question- have you tried a system restore?

Yes I already tried system restore and also safe mode.
I am well and truly locked out
I only get "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience." and thats it. It just shuts down each time I try
juliasdream
Grafter

Re: McAfee messed up my Outlook. HELP!

Quote from: PJ
ntdll.dll isn't part of Outlook, it is instead a Windows file.
A repair install of Windows XP could therefore be an option.
Some users seem to have been successful downloading a replacement copy of the DLL from the internet, although I'd exercise extreme caution with this approach.

I did try the repair option already but it failed.
Could anyone please tell me where I can find the pst files so that I can back them up
I think I need to uninstall office and re-install it