cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee/Roboform Problems

PaulBenn
Dabbler

McAfee/Roboform Problems

Since I joined Plusnet a few weeks ago I have had problems using Roboform - the files in its Program Data directory were having a ".at" extension added to them which caused Roboform to effectively disappear. I think I have now traced this fault to Plusnet Protect/McAfee as, following what appeared to be a major update (rather than just virus definitions) at the weekend Roboform now seems to be stable.
1. Is there any way that we can find out what changes have been done to Plusnet Protect/McAfee?
2. Is it possible to check version numbers of Plusnet Protect/McAfee and, if so, how?
3. Has anyone else experienced problems with Roboform?
1 REPLY 1
PaulBenn
Dabbler

Re: McAfee/Roboform Problems

Just to update this topic - I have since discovered that the problems I was having were nothing to do with McAfee. It was related to the Skype Messenger Plus addon which I have since completely removed from my machine and regained a completely stable Roboform. Messenger Plus is known to cause issues with Roboform and I thought I had uninstalled it ages ago. What I had done is just disabled it from starting up. Something, possibly a Skype update, must have switched it back on at about the same time that I joined Plusnet. McAfee was the major change on my system at that time which is why I thought it was that that had caused the problem.