cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Protect - analyticsSDK process memory usage crashing browsers

malcolmabox

McAfee Protect - analyticsSDK process memory usage crashing browsers

Running Windows 10, using Google Chrome primarily, I've experienced very few problems until recently. Since early February 2017 Chrome and also Edge have been crashing - i.e. simply not responding - unpredictably.

I failed to find anything relevant concerning W10 or Chrome issues - but today found that the "analyticsSDK" process gradually accumulates preposterous amounts of memory. Stopping it allows normal operation to resume. But it subsequent restarts precisely the same behaviour.

This topic https://community.mcafee.com/thread/97010?start=290&tstart=0 is addressing it. Apparently a McAfee fix is available - can anyone confirm whether Plusnet have  passed it down to users? It seems to me that they have not.

4 REPLIES 4
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: McAfee Protect - analyticsSDK process memory usage crashing browsers

Do you really think Plusnet Protect on Windows 10 is superior to Windows Defender on Windows 10?  I don't.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@malcolmabox, I can't answer your original question but I'm with @ReedRichards on this, save yourself some disk space and lots of clock cycles and un-install Plusnet Protect.

malcolmabox

Well, now you come to mention it, I'll give that a try.
What do you use for malware protection? Does Defender cover that as well?
Anonymous
Not applicable

@malcolmabox - On the Windows machines that I have they all use Defender, and from I understand it's a one stop shop so yes to malware prevention. But you and I both know the best system out these is Common Sense v1.0.0.