Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass emails via Outlook Express

newinvention
Grafter

Mass emails via Outlook Express

Morning!
Using OE, is it possible to do a mass emailing to individual emails in the OE inbox?
My boss has 2 email accounts and wants to close the BT one. We need to email everyone who's been using his BT account (despite asking them to change), to say that a/c will actually close. At the moment, all he has is a bunch of emails in his inbox - as far as I know there's no way of doing one mass response so those individual emails to say that a/c is closing so please use the other?
The way I would do it is copy and paste each offending individual email address (using the bcc box) into a new email and mail that one message to everyone.
But I may be missing a trick - anyone got any ideas?
Thanks, Sarah
2 REPLIES 2
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Mass emails via Outlook Express

Many ISP's have limits on the number of recipients of emails to control spam - typically 20 or 50.
So, probably best to do it in batches anyway, using cut/paste methods similar to what you describe.
Santiago
Grafter

Re: Mass emails via Outlook Express

Instead of closing the BT email account, why don't you forward it to the other email account? Then you will catch all the email to that account from the stragglers from your mass emailing.
If you are in fact closing a BT Broadband account you can downgrade to a PAYG dial up account which will allow you to keep the email address. You do need to dial in to the BT dial up account once every 90 days and connect, but just for a few seconds, this keeps the dial up account active. BT will send you a reminder email when you have to do this.