cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping a Network

enteeen

Mapping a Network

Hi,
First post on Plusnet forum - hope someone can make sense of this.
I've set up a network in order to get my wife's notebook pc onto the internet and to share my printer..  A snag with printer sharing has been fixed and everything works ok but I've come across a minor but annoying issue.  It isn't preventing us from doing what we want to do on our pc's but if there's a simple explanation I'd really like to resolve it.
We've had the network up and running for over 3 weeks but on only one occasion out of about 50 attempts, have we been successful in getting the full network mapped on either computer.(Network & Sharing Centre - click on 'See full map').  The error message reads: 'Windows cannot create the network map.  Responses from other devices on the network are delayed or there is an incompatible router on the network.'  On scrolling through the 'More info...' pages I have confirmed that the settings are as recommended. 
Our pc's are both on Windows 7 Home Premium (one 64 bit, the other 32 bit) and the router is the standard Thomson unit supplied by Plusnet..  One pc is hard wired, the other wireless, and the printer is connected via usb to the wired pc.
If this looks familiar to anyone I'd be grateful for the benefit of your experience.
Regards,
enteeenP