cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailwasher Pro & MS Works 8.5

penneck
Aspiring Pro

Mailwasher Pro & MS Works 8.5

Have recently installed Mailwasher Pro on my wife's laptop pc. I've been running it on my pc for some time with no problems, and I think very highly of it. The Mailwasher installation on my wife's pc has been successful, and is working perfectly (that I can see).
A difference between my wife's pc and mine, is that her pc has Microsoft Works 8.5, mine doesn't.
My wife's laptop puts a "reminder" based on her calendar entries in Works, on the screen, when she boots her pc up. Or at least it did before Mailwasher was installed. Now at bootup, the machine comes up okay, but instead of the reminder, she gets that Microsoft Error window, where it says that there has been an error and a process has been closed, do you want to send a report to Microsoft..... if you know the window I mean.
If I go into Works, and click on the "open calendar" button, I get the same error message.
I have uninstalled, then re-installed Works from the CD, but to no avail, the problem persists.
If anyone out there has a suggestion that would solve, this, I would be grateful.
My thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
penneck
Aspiring Pro

Re: Mailwasher Pro & MS Works 8.5

As I have had no responses (not complaining, just stating a fact), I think I'll close this thread. I guess that the combination of Mailwasher and Works is just too rare for many people to have had a similar problem.
Please note that I am not blaming Mailwasher for this Works problem. I think Mailwasher is great, and it has protected my pc from loads of spam. I think it is just co-incidence that one process went wrong as I was loading the other.
Thanks for looking
penneck
Aspiring Pro

Re: Mailwasher Pro & MS Works 8.5

Have solved the problem.
I couldn't understand why, having uninstalled Works, and then re-installed it, it still had the diary entries that had been loaded. A friend suggested that the diary entries may may not removed by unistalling. Then when re-installing, Works looks for existing diary entries, and if it finds anything, it doesn't overwrite it. I found where these files were hiding, copied them to somewhere safe, then after uninstalling Works I deleted the originals. I then re-installed Works, and tried it. Result - no diary entries. I then copied one old diary entry file back, and tested Works after each copy. All worked well except when I copied one file (CalRU).
I repeated the uninstall/delete diary/re-install process, then copied all the other old diary files across, and now I get the reminders, as required.
Thanks to everyone for their help.