cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail in Apple Mac

Hallstean
Dabbler

Mail in Apple Mac

I have set up e-mail addresses for myself and my wife in Mail on an iMac. Both now work OK in both sending and receiving mail. Is there a way of creating an inbox just for me and another just for my wife? At the moment they all come into one inbox . . . so if one of my old girl friends sends me a saucy note (not that they do!) my wife could easily read it and make me do the ironing or something as a punishment
4 REPLIES 4
scootie
Grafter

Re: Mail in Apple Mac

have u got two user names on your machine or do you both use same mac user name as with windows mail if u only have one windows account it downloads all mail accounts at same time but if u have to user accounts it only downloads from your mail account as it bascially runs 2 windows mail apps with deffrent settings.
pretty none tech solution but it works on windows.
acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

In Mail, if you click on the arrow to the left of 'Inbox' your two mail addresses will appear as separate folders into which your emails are being downloaded. Is this what you are after?
If you want more privacy, then the best solution is to set yourselves up as two separate users on your iMac and set up Mac Mail with each of your email accounts under your respective User accounts.
Hallstean
Dabbler

Thanks Roslyn. Clicked on the arrow as you suggested and sure enough there are two inboxes and incoming messages are correctly finding their way into each one. Simple when you know how! Which I being a novice I didn't. Didn't quite understand how to do the next bit to get more privacy, not that's it matters really. But thanks again.
Be3G
Grafter

Hallstean: take a look at this tutorial on Apple's website - you'll need to scroll down a little to the 'About User Accounts' heading, read that, then also take a look at the 'Creating and Managing User Accounts' section. It's geared towards Mac OS X Leopard, which means things will look a bit different if you're using Tiger/Panther, but the basic functionality of the user accounts settings is much the same.