Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macbook query

FIXED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macbook query

@petlew, the Mac comes with an App for that already its called Preview. If you have a source of images all you need to is double click on one, just like in Windows to view it. It will also allow you to view PDFs as well.

petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

@Anonymous Thank you for that, I'll have a look. Further, my Canon printer/scanner has software for photo handling, which I've been using for a while in Windows and found it loaded well in Mac, Photoshop its not, but does do some basic editing.

@shutter I think that may be down to which Mac OS being used. the one I'm using is the latest Mojave 64bit only. So I would hazard a guess it wouldn't run your Morse programme.  Maybe wrong though. It certainly wouldn't load Fast Stone which is currently 32bit I believe.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry @petlew, you may well be reinventing the wheel again here, as photo editing is also provided in the base install of OSX.

I don't know what your intentions are as regards your image manipulation but you may want to have a look here, to get an idea of what can be done.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@petlew  Have sent you a P.M. !

petlew
Pro

@Anonymous well I'm missing something here, If that is Preview in the link you sent me, I don't get anything like that. Double clicking or indeed right clicking the photo in Photos brings up only "edit with" there are two options Preview and another "Colour Synch Utility" but nothing like the option in the link. (the right click and edit with Preview, brings up only an enlarged photo with no other options or menu's) so I guess I'm missing something here perhaps?.

I used the Canon software for its scan utility actually, rather than the very minimal photo editing facility.

@shutter Yes, I saw it thank you.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Have you tried the photos app that comes with the Mac?
That does some editing
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
petlew
Pro

Frankly I'm not doing very well with this, quite unable to find the editing suite you advised Dvorak, or shown in the link.

I have the Photos icon, that only shows (at this time) only the one photo I have added to it. It has a bar across the top showing four options Photo's, Collection, Moments and Years, there are several other buttons, none of which take me to an editing suite. I'm beginning to think I'm a toolbar short somewhere, but have no options to add one.

As mentioned earlier, double or right clicking that photo has no options for editing except to offer "Edit with" Preview or Colour Sync Utility, again neither of which offer an editing suite.

Could my "Photos" app be incomplete. 

petlew
Pro

Ok found it...

Tucked away in the "Image" menu as "Show edit tools" Obvious I suppose.

Thank's for the advice of the right tool for editing Dvorak. Even if I was being particularly thick.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

I’m not at my mac at the moment - I’ll double check in the morning Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'