cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Vs PC

Be3G
Grafter

Re: Mac Vs PC

I've two comments to make to that I think...
One is that Macs are well known for their longevity; it's not uncommon for Macs to still be working fine several years after they were purchased, which is probably why they also tend to command very good prices on eBay even if they've been used for a year or more. Plus, the unibody laptops that Apple now make are really built like a tank.
The other thing is that, well, Macs don't even attempt to compete with lower-cost Windows hardware. Even the cheaper Macs tend to be upper-mid-range to high-end pieces of hardware, not necessarily in terms of specification but in terms of how it's packaged... for example, Apple's laptops are always towards the lighter and smaller end of the scale, which of course adds to the cost. So the idea isn't that someone who just wants a basic computer should buy a Mac (although they could still do well to look at something like the Mac Mini); rather, you buy a Mac if its excellent industrial and software design, combined with what tend to be fairly high-end specs, are worth something to you.
Santiago
Grafter

And I like Nokia phones too Crazy
Lurker
Grafter

I'm growing to love my new Sony Ericcson - the novelty of having a battery that lasts me for a full day is something I can't see wearing off.
I wish I could afford a flashy Mac. (Make up your own gags...)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Having had both windows mobile phones and now an iPhone, I can say I greatly prefer the iPhone as far as usability goes. I've had a hackintosh too which is now back on windows 7 due to lack of working wireless, but all that showed me was that my next laptop will be a macbook pro (13" if possible) - I know they're expensive, but they're also lovely. It's BSD but with an X environment that works without any fannying about.
So, laptop and phone win for Apple. It'll be a while before my desktop is anything other than a self built windows box (and server is anything other than a self built linux box) though.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Can I say that I use my mobile phone so rarely, that I don't know what make it is. Smiley

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

mentalist3d
Grafter

I wish I could say the same, I suffer from burning ear syndrome from using the mobile,  half the time  Undecided