cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac - McAfee Plus Protect not compatible

pgtips36

Mac - McAfee Plus Protect not compatible

Hello
Sorry, I'm having a problem with the search results display so can't see if anything is already here about this -  I suspect it may be but would be grateful for any update/info.
Is there any campaign to get Plusnet to provide protection/security software for Mac Users as I've been advised the current Plus Protect software provided by McAfee isn't compatible with Macs?
Kind Regards
5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Mac - McAfee Plus Protect not compatible

Unfortunately as far as I'm aware there's no plans for this at present.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

I'd rather see a campaign to stop Plusnet from offering something as poor as McAfee to those who can use it and don't know any better.
acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

You could try using Sophos Home Edition Antivirus for Mac. Its free and works for me.
https://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/free-tools/sophos-antivirus-for-mac-home-edition.aspx

Tara6

I recently bought a broadband package which was advertised as coming with free McAfee virus protection. After spending 48 minutes on the phone to Plusnet, I’m told Mac users can’t have this. Plusnet shouldn’t advertise virus protection as coming with broadband when many customers can’t have it.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@Tara6 Welcome to the forums. I can see your point, but McAfee only build the AV on the Windows platform, it doesn't work on Linux, either.

As has been said above, it is not the best package anyway and there are OS specific alternatives.

Plusnet offer this because the majority of people use Windows, so the majority can use it if they so wish, although it certainly wouldn't be my application of choice.

John