Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTK6577 Android phone - Any Good?

paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

MTK6577 Android phone - Any Good?

I need to replace my San Francisco phone (ZTE Blade) and came across this from Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Android-MTK6577-4-3-inch-Capacitive-Smartphone/dp/B008V5UCI6/ref=sr_1_5?ie=U...
Does anyone have this phone, if so any comments good or bad? The reviews on Amazon seem quite favourable but there doesn't seem much info or reviews anywhere else on the web and I'm not sure who the manufacturers are.
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: MTK6577 Android phone - Any Good?

It appears to be a cheap Chinese clone and is stocked by many suppliers - watch out for import duty and tax as it is coming from Hong Kong
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from an Amazon reviewer...
I, like many was worried about ordering straight from China, but took a gamble and Im glad I did. The phone took one week to get here and could be tracked at every point on it's journey. It also slipped though Customs and there was no Duty to pay on it.

Customers have mentioned a couple of downsides to the phone so a read of their reviews is useful.
Dual SIM is something I've not come across before Cool
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Looks a nice phone. The ram is a bit on the mean side at 512MB and may cause a bit of a bottleneck with memory hungry apps. As someone in a review said "great phone but after a while it gets really really slow like an old computer. The memory is always used even though there's no application open" which may be partly down to that.
But it does look good value.
paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks for the various replies, in the end I decided not to chance buying from Hong Kong, the thought of receiving a duff phone and the bother of returning it put me off. I decided to go for the ZTE Blade3 which is an update of my original and at around £75 unlocked, seems reasonable value.