Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Office XP

petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

MS Office XP

I have some parts of MS Office XP installed and, was wishing to add another option (Outlook, to use with my PDA) however, I have found that the product key (hand written on the disk) is being rejected. is there anywhere in the other already installed parts (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) that will show me the product key I used to install those. It doesn't show in help/about, the product I/d shown there is quite different. I suspect the key "might" show in the opening splash window as Word/Excel/PP open, but it's not there long enough to get a good look.
In the end, I found I could install Outlook through "add remove programmes" (or whatever it is in Vista!!) without the product key, but I'd still like to get a look at the key for future reference, if possible. Or is it possible to "pause" the opening splash window?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: MS Office XP

petlew
Pro

Thank you Jim, it worked very well. However, it seems the key I have is correct.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
minkey
Rising Star

petlew
Pro

Yes, thank you.