Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP3 files on CDR for car CD Player

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

MP3 files on CDR for car CD Player

I want to put a load of MP3 files on to a CDR, which amounts to 48 files taking 262MB .  for one artiste.  which leave over half the space unoccupied.  is it possible to put those into one "folder" and make another folder for another artiste, to save having another CDR loafing about in the car...
I don`t want to "mix" the artistes in the playlist order, by just adding in the extras...
Any suggestions on how to do this,... or is it possible?
7 REPLIES 7
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: MP3 files on CDR for car CD Player

It's possible using ImgBurn but I think it then will depend on whether the car CD player recognises mp3 discs and, subsequenly, folders.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

shutter
Community Veteran

Thanks Mav.... yes I can play MP3 discs on the player... will have to look at the controls and info panels to check... but I think I rememeber "album" being listed... am going out now, will investigate later on the imgburn software..
cheers
Wink
shutter
Community Veteran

OK.. back home again..... on the "menu" across the front of the CD player is.... TITLE    ARTIST    ALBIM  FOLDER  FILE    So presumably if I "tag" my mp3 files properly they will be good to go..  I use "EasyTag 2.2.4" to tag the files so the title and artiste show up on playing.
Will have a play around this afternoon, seeing as it `s raining !  ! ...
Smiley
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

When I burn an mp3 cd, I use folders for artist & album (unless I am doing compilations), every mp3 head I have had plays them in folders no problem.
EDIT: you are lucky it is raining down there, its snowing up here in Scotland  Undecided
shutter
Community Veteran

@H.B.  can you be more specific ?  do you drag and drop the (album) Folder on the burn prog..... and then the next (album) Folder... rather than all the files separately for each folder, and somehow make a folder on the burn prog  ?  to put them into..... ?
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

I tend to use the random selector in my music program to select nnMb. Then just copy the mp3's to a folder using artist/album as the structure then burn the folder to the cd.
So select in the music player (I use atunes but any should let you generate a playlist and save the files to another folder) queue up your music that you want, save it to a clean folder as artist/album and then burn.
Or some music players will burn direct.
shutter
Community Veteran

OK>>  Thanks HB... will give it a go... got a couple of "burn" progs, so will see what they offer...  thanks fo the "guidance" notes..  Wink