cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lucid Lynx Artwork

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Lucid Lynx Artwork

Not much buzz on the linux forums so i thought id post this thread and see if it creates any buzz for all that love linux.
With the Beta release of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS knocking on our doors, we decided to give you a glimpse at the new themes, boot splash, login screen, boot prompt and logos of the upcoming operating system, officially announced by Canonical last week. On April 29th, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx) will be the 12th release of this marvelous operating system created by Canonical
Full details including the artwork here....http://news.softpedia.com/news/The-New-Artwork-of-Ubuntu-10-04-LTS-137213.shtml
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable

Re: Lucid Lynx Artwork

Well. it certainly looks different in that purplish colour rather than the usual brown, although it is unmistakeably Ubuntu.
I quite like the look of it and am looking forward to upgrading as LL is LTS. Will be able to stick with it and not have the hassle of
upgrading every 6 months. Going to wait for official release though.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Dont really like the colour but its certainly better than that awful brown,i may dual boot this with windows 7(maybe) But if the W.A.T. update on windows ever tells me my system is not genuine i will be moving to ubuntu for good and raising the middle finga to microsoft.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

The colours don't bother me.
I always change the background to one of the more outstanding pictures of the day from Wikipedia. Smiley
However, I am not pleased to see f-spot - I seem to have problems making it work; plus will I will need to install Gimp, if it's a fresh install.
Will 10.04 (upgrade version) run with GRUB mk I?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Waldo
Grafter

Quote from: poppy
Well. it certainly looks different in that purplish colour rather than the usual brown [..]

The purplish wallpaper reminds me of MacOS X as does the move to the left-hand side of the title-bar of the minimise, maximise, & close buttons.
I quite like the look of it and am looking forward to upgrading as LL is LTS. Will be able to stick with it and not have the hassle of
upgrading every 6 months.

Every Ubuntu release is supported for 18 months (minimum); just because they release every 6 months doesn't mean you must upgrade every 6 months.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Quote from: A
Will 10.04 (upgrade version) run with GRUB mk I?

It should but if you are using ext4 then you are better off with mk 2 (or 1.97 as it is)
I have 2 machines with mk 2 on and no problems with them, just a bit harder to modify the menu now.
HairyMcbiker
All Star

Well the new default icons are a bit putrid in my view
<a href="http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/03/invasion-of-purple-icons.html">clicy</a>
Not applicable

Hadn't noticed that - very Mac-ish. Do you think this is appropriate now?:
HairyMcbiker
All Star

Cheesy
Waldo
Grafter

Quote from: poppy
Do you think this is appropriate now?:

I used to use that on a (2nd-hand) Mac PowerBook running Debian PPC; dropping it down a flight of stairs wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done  Embarrassed