cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost e-mails & addresses when changing Outlook Express 6 from old ISP to Plusnet

robertb

Lost e-mails & addresses when changing Outlook Express 6 from old ISP to Plusnet

Embarrassed
I am a new customer to Plusnet- they are great!
I have lost all my e-mails when changing the front page O.E. from my previous ISP to Plusnet, my address book & contents have been cleared but addresses are available if I type in the first few letters of a contact.
Many of the lost e-mails are very important to me & I hope that someone more knowledgable than I can help in recovering these.
robertb
6 REPLIES 6
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Lost e-mails & addresses when changing Outlook Express 6 from old ISP to Plusnet

What did you do?  changing ISP should have made no difference to your Address book Embarrassed
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Lost e-mails & addresses when changing Outlook Express 6 from old ISP to Plusnet

1: Have you created another identity in OE.
2: Do a search for inbox.dbx. If you find this file you can import it to restore your emails.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
robertb

Thanks Strat,
Yes I have created a new identity- my old one related to the old ISP.
The search did not produce a result.
robertb
Strat
Community Veteran

You could try to import messages from your old identity. In OE click on 'File', 'Import', select you version of OE. Click 'Next'.
In the window there should be more than one identity. Select your old identity and click OK.
BTW On the search you need to include hidden and system files.
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
robertb

Strat,
Many, many thanks it worked- I can now access my past e-mails by accessing the old e-mail identity as you advised . Smiley
robertb
Strat
Community Veteran

You're very welcome. Smiley