Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing passwords & login details

Mav
Fixes: 515

Losing passwords & login details

Hi
Often I find that websites I regularly use (including these fora and PN's own site) request me to re-enter login details even though I have already set the site to remember my details and log me in automatically. This can be frustrating and a nuisence.
I understand that some spyware, etc. programs cna delete cookies but not sure which of those I run do this.
I use SpyBot S & S but the websites in question are included in the 'Ignore cookies' option. I also run Adaware 2008, Malwarebytes & AVG Free 8. I run each every day but it seems that I don't have to re-enter passwords, etc after everytime I run them.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to resolve this - can a failing boot drive also cause this? The reason I have asked is that this has happened before just before a boot drive failed but maybe it was coincidence?
Thanks

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

2 REPLIES 2
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Losing passwords & login details

what browser are you using - Firefox surprisingly is not secure in this respect and login detais are in Tools Options  leave it up to you to discover where, or would you like me to PM
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Losing passwords & login details

I use IE7 (just downgraded from IE Beta 2 - tried it and it needs too much attention before it's usable IMHO)
But these problems appeared before I installed IE8 anyway.
Cheers

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still