cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to buy new PC. Anyone used Cyberpower PC UK

ad2000

Looking to buy new PC. Anyone used Cyberpower PC UK

Hi All,
I am looking to buy a new PC and wanted some advice. I have been looking at Cyberpower PC UK website and the different options available. The questions I have our
1. Has anyone used them before and if so what was your experience?
2. Graphics cards: is a Nvidia GTX better than a Dual Nvidia GTS. I will be using the system for gaming.

Thanks
19 REPLIES 19
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Looking to buy new PC. Anyone used Cyberpower PC UK

Hi ..... Don`t know about the site you mentioned..... but might also be worth a look at  Evesham computers.... and    Novatech.....    Both companies build computers & laptops to your specification....  On Novatech You go to the site, and then get a list of bits and pieces.... click/check them and you get the total cost...
Novatech are local to me, and have a very large warehouse/factory unit on an industrial estate, have been established for quite some time....
Evesham computers..... My wife got a laptop from them, and so far no problems....nice unit, and working well using vista ! ! ..
Good luck
chillypenguin
Grafter

shutter
Community Veteran

Chilly.... that was posted in August 2007..... The website is still active, and they are also selling on Ebay.... Can`t see the section to "build your own spec". except for a repeating message line, that they can do it....The customer support line was still active just before christmas....
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Evesham-Technology
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

But have a look here - it's not the same company http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2007/11/05/evesham_creditors_meeting/ and the owner also owns Time UK and we know how bad that is
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Also have a look here for customer reviews of Cyberpower better link
shutter
Community Veteran

Yeah! Seems like Evesham is defunct, apart from "possibly" selling off its stock....
The OP`s choice, was well and truly "bashed" by that other post Jim.......
Oh, well, I hope her laptop keeps going.....    and if not,  Novatech are just down the road.... Either they could repair it, or probably buy NEW from them.....
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Going back to the original question - when you say GTX or GTS - I assume 8800 - you will be in trouble unless you move quickly as they are both approaching "end of life" and are being replaced by the 9800 series
However the power you are going to need depends on the games you want to play - can you advise.
For example Crysis is an absolute resource hog
Rich
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
Hi ..... Don`t know about the site you mentioned..... but might also be worth a look at  Evesham computers.... and    Novatech.....

I've used Novatech on a few occasions and never had a problem.  They've been around a long time too.  I bought 16MB of RAM from them when it cost well over a £100 - that shows how long they've been around Smiley
CCL in Bradford (http://www.cclonline.com) are also worth a look - I've also had good service there.
Rich
artmo
Aspiring Champion

I bought my last PC on ebay and was very happy with the machine and the price.  Once I won the bidding I was able to add to the spec before having it delivered.
Also I see that Aldi sometimes sell decent spec PCs at good prices.  I know some people don't like the idea of buying a PC along with their fruit and veg but it's worth a look.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

So do Lidle, they both get very good write ups in the PC Mags,  trouble is they are swift turn over and dont keep stock
shutter
Community Veteran

I bought my last PC on ebay and was very happy with the machine and the price.  Once I won the bidding I was able to add to the spec before having it delivered.

was that from evesham ?  or someone else ?
artmo
Aspiring Champion

No, it was a private company and I think they were based in Nottingham.
Another good source of new PCs is Dell.  They have a fantastic reputation and build to order. I am told their after sales is good too.
cp:blue Quote of preceding post removed. link:rules mod:end
ad2000

Thanks for the replies. 
I was looking at the 8800 series graphics card to support my gaming needs. I know the 9000 series is just out but are they actual better than the 8800?
FYI: Tend to play alot of FPS Battlefield/ COD4 stuff like that. However want to try and future proof the PC as much as possible.
Looking to have plentry of power in the graphics department

Cheers
artmo
Aspiring Champion