Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for x64 Intel Hardware

FIXED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for x64 Intel Hardware

I'm looking for a source and ideally a recommendation for x64 Intel processor maker boards, i.e. a 64 bit Intel Processor based Raspberry Pi with at least 4 cores / threads.

I've had a look around but most of the ones I see use an ARM processor, so not what I want.

Is there even such a thing?

7 REPLIES 7
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Looking for x64 Intel Hardware

Aren't all Raspberry's ARM CPU's?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

http://hothardware.com/news/jaguarboard-intel-atom-powered-single-board-mini-pc-to-take-on-raspberry...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/802007522/up-intel-x5-z8300-board-in-a-raspberry-pi2-form-fa

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@VileReynard - Yes, yes they are and that's the problem I don't want to have to re-write my assembler code for another chip set. But having said that they're still not man enough for the task as my cluster of these has proven. I maybe should have said "i.e. a 64 bit Intel Processor based board similar to the RPi in form factor".

I have seen these and they look promising, but aren't available yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@w23 - Thanks for that but the jaguar board appears to be x86 not x64 and like to UDOO the UP isn't available yet. I was needing something now.

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Wasn't sure if it was just the wording of the article on the Jaguar since the Atom Z3735G is a 64 bit capable processor.

I have to ask (for curiosity), why do you require 64bit on a platform that's (presumably) unlikely to ever need more than 32 bit address space?

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's interesting regarding the architecture of the processor, I shall have a read. As regards the requirement for 64 bit it has nothing to do with the size of addressable memory in this instance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fix

Having looked around there was nothing that I could see that could meet my grunt requirements so I've bitten the proverbial and ordered the bits to build a mini cluster of my own using Asus Socket 1151 Motherboards and Intel's i7-6700K Processors.