cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging out of Thompson

amasike
Dabbler

Logging out of Thompson

Can someone out there please tell me how to log out of the Thomson Gateway?   I can log in and change the passsword etc. but there is no tab for logging out again, so I just have to close it down but this means that anyone can access the gateway and get my details.
jim:red All caps in title removed as per forum rules mod:end
6 REPLIES 6
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: LOGGING OUT OF THOMSON

they cant if you have WPA enabled, you have to be logged into it to access the internet.  If you are only using Ethernet cable, you can switch off wireless from the menu
amasike
Dabbler

Re: LOGGING OUT OF THOMSON

Thanks for the information.  I am not using an ethernet cable, I use a wireless adaptor.  Don't know if this makes any difference or not?
scootie
Grafter

Re: Logging out of Thompson

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,80536.msg656843.html#msg656843
if your settings for your wireless on your router in the screen capture on my post above are set to wpa or higher then know one with out the wireless password can get on your LAN to access your router interface,
all thoe some one could use ethernet cable to access it but am not sure if the thomson is ip session based meaning if a pc on your network diffrent to the one you looged in with will then be asked for the password and username, unlike the one you have already logged in with and dont get asked for the password again on return vist's to the interface.
i have a thomson sat here and couldnt find away to logout either, but i will test this ip session based theroy out tomoro when i get time to switch over to the thomson
amasike
Dabbler

O.K. thanks.  My settings are WPA + WPA2 and there's no other computer in the house.  I also have AVG 9 (free version) and I use Spybot occasionally.  My concern was the fact that I am wireless and that someone in the neighbourhood might be able to use their laptop and get access.  I don't know much about the inner workings of computers.  When I read some of the stuff on these forums, it seems like everyone is a computer technician and I haven't a clue what they are talking about half of the time.  I work in an office, so only know about the applications.  However, I can find my way around if I am given simple instructions.
scootie
Grafter

your fine then as no one can gain access to your net or router web interface through your wireless with out your password
amasike
Dabbler

O.K. thanks for all your help.