cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lockups with TG585V7

chrisjbzero
Grafter

Lockups with TG585V7

I have recently received a Plusnet branded Thomson TG585V7 (Rel:8.2.23.0) to replace my Vigor 2600 in anticipation of 21CN being available this spring on my local exchange. The router connected automatically to my account using the TR69 configuration routines and provided a good stable service. I was initially very pleased since it seems to connect at a higher rate (7616) to my line that provided my by the Vigor.  However the problems started when I tried to use the wireless connections to connect to a WinXPSP3 desktop and Win7 laptop. The problems were repeated lockups of the TG585 resulting in warm reboots.  I even tried a full hardware reset without any success.
Specially the wireless computers seemed to connect without any problems when not using any security setting or just using 64bit WEP.  Trying to use WPA or WPA2 caused router lockups.  I have now had to disable the wireless function; not satisfactory at all given that this is, after all a wireless router!
I am now aware that there have been some problems with this router experiencing wireless instability and wonder if a replacement would solve the problem or will I have to wait for a new model to be released by Plusnet.
Chris
1 REPLY 1
chrisjbzero
Grafter

Re: Lockups with TG585V7

Just to report that a replacement TG585 has been stable for broadband and wireless connections for 5 days now.  Problem solved.  Thanks Plusnet.