Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line speed

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Line speed

If you are on the cheapest Plusnet package and you check your download speed is that the same as the Line speed.
What I am really asking is do more expensive Plusnet packages provide an increase in speed or is the speed on the cheapest packages going to be the same as the most expensive one ?
I Have checked out the info about the different packages but a number of columns refer to line speed so can someone clarify this for me.
Thanks
We are born into history and history is born into us.
4 REPLIES 4
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Line speed

the synch, profile and download dont care what package you are on, the only thing that is changed is the limits on speed for the various packages see here for that http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/plusnet_shaping.htm
James
Grafter

Re:Line speed

Hi Gleneagles,
A lot of the differences between packages relate to both the usage allowance and how different types of traffic are handled.  However, Premium and Pro customers are also entitled to an upgrade to ADSL2+ when it is available at their exchange.
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: Jameseh
However, Premium and Pro customers are also entitled to an upgrade to ADSL2+ when it is available at their exchange.
I'm antediluvian and still on legacy Home Surf. Out of general interest how will such and similar products be considered? HS seems to have quite a bit in common witht e higheer grade current packages.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We're still pulling the full plan together on the legacy accounts and which of these will be moved to ADSL2+ and when.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.