cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving sky for plus net help

crobertbailey
Grafter

Leaving sky for plus net help

hi all I asked this months ago but looking for clarification.
My parents are on sky rental, calls and tv and want to cancel and join plus net so do I phone sky up and cancel or do I need a mac code or what and then is it immediately cut off or is there a waiting time also do I then just contact plus net.
Thanks
Robert
8 REPLIES 8
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Leaving sky for plus net help

The answer is the same as you got 5 months ago...
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,115711.msg998240.html#msg998240
Requesting a MAC does not cancel your service.
crobertbailey
Grafter

Sorry I am still lost on this, I thought I had it worked out but then your statement that requesting a MAC does not cancel you services, how would I do it then ?
gnicholson8
Grafter

Right,

• You Phone Sky and request a MAC code, this doesn't cancel the service at all

• You Phone Plus.net and set up the new service with them, give them the MAC code from Sky

• The rest is sorted out by Plus.net, the old service with Sky ends, and the new one with Plus.net starts

crobertbailey
Grafter

Thanks it's the tv side of things that was mixing me up when do I cancel them ?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Plusnet will be taking over line rental and calls, but not TV. It will be necessary to contact Sky directly to cancel TV, giving the appropriate (1 month?) notice. Be prepared to decline all the special offers that Sky will come up with to persuade your parents to stay..
David
crobertbailey
Grafter

Okay call sky request a mac code, that takes care of the termination of the phone and bb services when plus net migrate them over and at the same time or earlier cancel the tv services (think it might be easier to cancel the tv then when that's settled get the MAC )
Thanks all for the helpful replies
Robert
dragon2611
Grafter

I didn't even need a MAC code as I had a fully unbundled line with Sky anyway so when Plusnet took over the line rental it kicked them off  Grin
Grafter

Quote from: crobertbailey
hi all I asked this months ago but looking for clarification.
My parents are on sky rental, calls and tv and want to cancel and join plus net so do I phone sky up and cancel or do I need a mac code or what and then is it immediately cut off or is there a waiting time also do I then just contact plus net.
Thanks
Robert

Robert suggest you read the comments on this board, I  have recently moved to Plusnet and what a mistake that was!!! Buyer beware customer service is poor and waiting times are terrible,good luck