cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch of tv from Plusnet

greenfrog

Launch of tv from Plusnet

Hi guys, just wondering if the email i received means it is happening soon, as in very soon. I am in the process of migrating to BT (it's been a nightmare already and i'm not yet a customer but will be next week)  and the only reason i was going was to get the tv with BT sport but if this is really "ready to launch" as stated in the email i received then i still have time to cancel my migration.
I have always been happy with PN but as i said i wanted the sport bit so if anyone has any inside info i would be grateful to hear it  Huh
22 REPLIES 22
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Launch of tv from Plusnet

No inside info allowed unfortunately!
It's not a secret that it's in the pipeline, and I can see that you've preregistered so you'd be the first to know once it's released.
If this is a bit of a deal breaker, then I honestly with you all the best with BT moving forward, and in future. Apologies I couldn't tell you anything more.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Anonymous
Not applicable

I clicked on the link to register my interest last week, even though I don't currently have fibre. I thought it might be worth upgrading for...
Today, I got an email:
"Thank you for pre-registering your interest in our TV product. We are nearly ready to launch, which we are very excited about.
Initially TV will launch to Unlimited Fibre customers only, but we will keep you informed as to when we can sign you up.
Kind regards,
The Plusnet TV Team"
So I guess Plusnet aren't interested in me upgrading? And what is the point in sending this email out if you are not in a position to give any more information?
A
NedLudd
Grafter

I got the same email today. I guess it is just to acknowledge your interest!  Cheesy
Geoff,
York.
greenfrog

Awww, thanks anyway Matty. I thought perhaps i would get some foresight before migrating. Hmmmm, decisions decisions, should i stay or should i go now (that's my best Clash voice by the way) lol.
I will watch with interset, thanks again.
Fee.
ricke17
Grafter

I got the same email - just hope I can use my youview box I got from BT as I have no need to purchase another box!
And I see BT have had new channels added today and am hoping pn offer the same!
It will be interesting to see what the price points are and if they fling in a free box or not - I remember BT wanted £49 for my YouView box and I was out of contract and went to cancel everything when I was offered a free one lol.
Fibre Broadband 80/20, Netgear D7000
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: NedLudd
I got the same email today. I guess it is just to acknowledge your interest!  Cheesy

Hmm... 6 days to acknowledge me clicking on a link???
Plusnet. As efficient as ever...
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@alanj - Just asked the owner of the project about this. Two different emails have been sent out today, dictated by whether you are on ADSL or FTTC. The same message was sent to everyone on ADSL regardless of whether their cabinet is FTTC enabled (I can only imagine that you may be suspect to further marketing for fibre in future, if opted in). So this is correct:
Quote from: NedLudd
I guess it is just to acknowledge your interest!  Cheesy

Quick edit: Though I do appreciate that you will have received a generic acknowledgement when you first clicked the link. In your case, Ticket: 102921391 refers.
Matty
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Matty, but to be honest I'm not sure that makes anything any clearer. The ticket says you'll give me a call when you're ready to go... But the email says you'll let me know when you're ready to go for non-fibre customers. just when am I likely to get a call? When you start with fttc customers or when you start for the rest?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It'll be targeted at people with an FTTC connection. In all honesty though, you will actively be able to take it out yourself if you fancy it. Bear in mind this is the full release that we're talking about. It would probably be a bit quicker that way as well.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks
greenfrog

I'm only on ADSL too at the moment but would have taken fibre just for the tv probably. Hopefully the news comes VERY soon to save me from the wrath of BT, lol.
Fee.
Mav
Fixes: 514

I'm on ADSL with no date fixed for FTTC although it's supposed to be sometime this summer. I have no problems with my current YouView configuration but the extra offered by PN (haven't seen what that may be yet) might be worth it.
Is it worth me registering my interest as an ADSL customer with FTTC in the pipeline (no pun intended)?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's definitely worth registering, Mav.
Again though, I'd be shocked if we didn't actively market the product to ADSL customers once it becomes available down the line.
Matty
Mav
Fixes: 514

Cheers Matty.
I've searched for a link to register my interest but have only come across a page to register for the trials. I'm assuming there would be another link but maybe that's the one Undecided

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still