cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest version of Messenger Live does not work.

Pancho
Grafter

Latest version of Messenger Live does not work.

Opening Messenger Live I was offered an update - so I went for it. That was the start of the problem. Downloaded, unticked all the options as I did not want anything else, and installed the update. Trying to log on I got the Unable to Connect message and poking about with HTTP connection test seems no data can be sent - 80072efd error code. Searching on this error code in Google it appears I am not alone with the problem. I could not find a solution that worked so, in the end, had to Restore back two days in order to retrieve a situation that did work. I have no idea what the problem is and, so it seems, neither does anybody else. Another fine mess you got me into MS. I won't be doing that again in a hurry,
Just to let you know really. If you are a real genius and know what the problem is caused by (nothing to do with Firewall or Registry clean up as tried all that) I would be interested to know as it looked quite a good update.
7 REPLIES 7
Santiago
Grafter

Re: Latest version of Messenger Live does not work.

Why not set a restore point and try to install it again. Make sure you close all other programs down before you try the install. If it doesn't work the second time go back to the restore point.
FWIW The install worked for me but don't like the new version at all 
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Interesting. I encountered a similar problem just a couple of days ago so you are not alone.
Eventually did a system restore back a few days, stopped Messenger loading automatically and advised the user to not do the specific update - it's only an occasional visitor that uses it anyway not the owner.
Teds31
Grafter

yes I tried it a few days ago didn't like the extras so stopped it mid load,glad I did now. Shocked
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

In the interests of science and the community, I've just installed this.
Works for me though I'm not sure I like it that much, the new look and lack of symbols will take some getting used to.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

I'm not using the latest version as I tend to upgrade once a year - kind of like a protest against msn's old "You need to upgrade in order to sign in" messages years back which would FORCE you to spend 1/2 hour on dialup downloading the latest version.
Anyway I've noticed recently that the adverts mine displays are causing an "Unterminated string" error to be displayed so I can only assume that msn have been tinkering with their advert rotating systems.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
scootie
Grafter

i am holding off installing any of the new live products.
windows update offered me the mail program the other day which was soon put to hidden are they serious i payed the asking price for vista prem and now they want me to install a mail program that they can use to pump adverts at me and make even more monney  ::).
i will start using the new live products on windows 7 but i hope the price of w7 reflects that they will be making extra money from adverts forced on us
Pancho
Grafter

Thank you for those who posted. I am now running latest version of Messenger Live and it runs fine.