Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop is connected to IPv6 without internet connection

FIXED
crcdennard
Fixes: 1

Laptop is connected to IPv6 without internet connection

Hi,
I have internet connection on my iPad and phone via IPv4 5ghz, my hub says my laptop has no internet connection via IPv6 2.5ghz. My laptop connects to the WiFi but won't load any webpages.
How can I swap my laptop connection to IPv4?
Thanks
Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Laptop is connected to IPv6 without internet connection

Hello @crcdennard - Have you disabled IPv6 support in your router? IPv6 is currently unsupported on Plusnet unless you are part of the trial. If you don't know how to do this post your router Make / Model and someone will be able to help.

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

on you laptop right click the network icon in the task bar notification area, click the "open network sharing centre" option

on the left of the window that opens select change adapter settings (this will either change the window your on or open a new one depending on your settings) you will now see a page with the network adapter listed (more if you have more )

right click on the one your using to connect, select properties there should be a list in the middle of the properties box with a scroll slider to the side of it, scroll through until yo use the ipv6 entries, uncheck those boxes and make sure the ipv4 ones are checked  should look like the pic. click the ok (the properties box will now close) right click the adaptor, select disable wait for it to finish and become re clickable, right click it then select enable (this forces the router to close the existing connection and open a new one without needing to do a full router /pc restart) and you should good to go Smiley

Untitled.jpg

p.s.

your properties list probably wont be identical to mine since that's on my desktop Ethernet and not every system loads the same list of options, but the only bits you should see that require changing are the TCP/ipv4 and the TCP/ipv6 check boxes leave the rest alone

just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
crcdennard

Hi,

I've done that and restarted my computer and for example I type in Amazon, it appears and then I search for a book, then a minute later the page times out. I've checked the hub online and it still states that the laptop is connected to the IPv6 2.4Ghz connection.

crcdennard

The router make and model is Plusnet Hub One

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

I think that you can disable IPv6 on the Hub One from the "Advanced Settings"  -> "Broadband" -> "IPv6" menu (I don't have a Hub One but that seems to be the page from the BT HH5 which the Hub One is based on)

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
crcdennard

Fix

I've tried it and it didn't work.  I used the ethernet cable to force it to connect which it did, then when I took the cable out and restarted the laptop it now connects to the internet.....? bizarrre.  Thanks for all the advice.