Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop PSU problem

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Laptop PSU problem

My wife`s Laptop Power Supply Unit has developed a problem, and she wants to buy another.
Has anyone any suggestions for where to look for supply?
The lable on the back states....
Delta Electronics, INC.
AC/DC ADAPTER
Model SADP-65KB C
INPUT  100-240V A.C.  1.5 A  50-60 HZ  LPS
OUTPUT    19V D.C.    3.42A
The first sign of problem was when the battery was not charging, although the mains unit was plugged in correctly.  There is (was) a green light (led) indicating the unit was powered up, however, this has since died.  I first suspected that the output wire had broken very close to the strain grommet on the body of the unit. inspection under a magnifying glass seems to confirm this...... Unfortunately, there is no "slack" to cut and repair, and the unit seems to be sealed, rather than the usual small phillips screws in each corner.
Any info on supply would be appreciated.  Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Laptop PSU problem

There are places such as http://www.laptop-chargers.co.uk/.
What make of laptop is it.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Take a look at this, should do for your wife http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=42622&doy=8m6#overview
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
shutter
Community Veteran

Wow ! that was quick.....  Cheesy
Whilst typing in my original request on the forum, I had in mind to see if Delta Electronics had a website..... they do, so I have also emailed a query to them as it is less than a year old, and hopefully they will replace it.... Roll_eyes

Thanks adiewoo for your response.... will keep it in reserve until I get a response from Delta Electronics.
Great stuff. Smiley
shutter
Community Veteran

Hi Strat, Thanks for your link..... It is an Evesham laptop..... the one on the site you gave is a different type, must be twice the output amperage, and has a four pin plug to laptop....  (priced at £89.99 which is a "bit" expensive compared to the Maplin version at £39.99 ! ! ) Undecided
Mrs laptop has a "normal" 12v  size bullet connector and Maplin has a variation on end connections.....
paulh
Rising Star

I just froogled the model number and got loads of eBay hits for new items between 15-20 of your Earth Pounds
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Manufacturers originals do tend to be more pricey.
Our MD asked me to price up a battery for a cheap second-hand laptop he had acquired. It turned out to be more than he paid for the Laptop Grin
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
shutter
Community Veteran

@Strat..... That may well be, but the site you sent me to, claimed to be cheaper than Manufacturers original price.  Undecided
@ paulh......... Thanks for the ebay info.... will go and have a look see...  Smiley
shutter
Community Veteran

Ebay looking good, if the manufacturer will not play ball !.... £14.99 + £4.99 p&p = just under £20. 
Thanks guys.  Smiley  Smiley  Smiley