Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline ansaphone

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Landline ansaphone

We have a Panasonic landline phone which is several years old but the sound and volume on the ansaphone is pathetic, not helped by the fact we are both getting more deaf as time goes on.

I have spent ages looking at phone reviews and most concentrate on the sound quality of phone but say nothing about the quality of recorded messages.

I accept of course that if the phone the message is being sent from is poor clarity nothing will improve that.

The only other thing that crossed my mind was to get some gadget that would amplfly the sound on our existing ansaphone but it does not have any headphone socket.

Also tempting is to run some wires to a additional speaker assuming I can get the casing opened.

Any helpful ideas or Anyone with a phone that answers this problem of poor recording would be appreciated.

Thanks

We are born into history and history is born into us.
3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Landline ansaphone

Why not just use the 1571 answer service? Does away with the need for an answerphone, and the sound quality is the same as a normal call.

John
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

@jab1 

Thanks, good idea, not sure how to get it.

Will raise the question under phone topic.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@gleneagles Try adding it from the call features option on your home phone control panel - although it should already be there unless you deleted it.

John