cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLU Provider

Steve
Seasoned Pro

LLU Provider

Hi, im currently with plusnet for BB and House phone but i know that Talk Talk does LLU at my exchange from CPW and im told i can get speeds of upto 16.5 Meg, Now i know talk talk is not the greatest so im asking here for advice on this, Would it be better switching to an LLU operator? And that is of course if they really put me onto the LLU, Its sounding risky to me and i love plusnet but this offer before me is tempting..Please Help Undecided
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
8 REPLIES 8
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: LLu Provider

I O2/Be were on your exchange I'd be tempted, otherwise no.
Have you checked when your exchange will get 21CN? http://community.plus.net/21cn-exchange-availability/
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Thanks for the reply jelv, Thats what i was thinking as-well " If only it was o2 or be " I Think my exchange is getting 21CN at the end of this year or next, Will have to check again but i think that's when my exchange is getting 21CN.
Edit.. screen capture attached...
Not applicable

I have been told that when exchanges are enabled for 21CN customers can't have the service if they are on the lower priced packages. I have Value and my exchange should have been enabled in March of this year but when I enquired was told that I wasn't eligible.
With regards to the TT dilemma it seems a good deal but may be best to discuss with other people in your area who have it.
Why not have a look at the TT forum?
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Thanks for the reply poppy, Suppose will have to do some serious homework, Its also tempting as its only £6.99 for the BB with 40Gb download per month, Maybe it's all a bit to welcoming Grin
Edit..Spelling
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: LLU Provider

You might find this informative: http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/compare.html?isp_77=1&isp_22=1&commit=Compare
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Not really jelv, Im scratching my head with that, Think it says plusnet ( somewhat reliable) T.T. ( Reliable ) Crazy
scootie
Grafter

remember talk talk dont offer free usage overnight so 40gb a month is your lot with them, where with PN overnight your free to pack a punch on the bandwidth front between midnight and 8am.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Yep ive bared that in mind asbo and to be honest i hardly ever reach 20GB, I do however just have an awful feeling id be making a wrong move to T.T.
LLU is provided through car phone warehouse and given by T.T. Is this of any significance does anyone know?
Carphone Warehouse took the UK broadband market by storm in April 2006 when they began offering a "free" broadband product. Available on some 1,000 telephone exchanges that Carphone had unbundled, they received some 340,000 registrations in less than 2 months.
The TalkTalk free broadband product is provisioned on exchanges that Carphone Warehouse have unbundled or are intending to unbundle. Where Carphone Warehouse has not yet unbundled an exchange, they will provision customers via BT Wholesale's IPStream product and migrate them once the unbundling process has been completed. Note that it may take a month or so after an exchange has been unbundled before TalkTalk migrate existing customers.
In 2007 Carphone Warehouse purchased AOL UK. They are continuing to operate independantly of TalkTalk, although there are some signs that they are consolidating their LLU networks.
Providers using the Carphone Warehouse LLU network to provide broadband connections:
•TalkTalk - used by the "free" broadband at 8Mbps
•Opal Telecom bespoke service
Edit..Spelling