cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting error message about MSVCR80.dll

penneck
Aspiring Pro

Keep getting error message about MSVCR80.dll

Over the last week or so I keep getting two messages about not being able to find MSVCR80.dll, and that re-installing the software might solve this problem. The first message has "avgrsx.exe" in the message banner, and the second has "avgcsrvx.exe" in the banner.
I have tried re-installing AVG2011 which looked like the best bet for causing this, but that didn't do anything.
I tried finding an answer from the web, but the first thing I found took me into a download, which it then asked for money. That seemed a bit sneaky, when it hadn't mentioned money, so I tried to uninstall. Uninstalling also seemed a bit iffy, but I finally got rid of it (I hope).
So far it has only been an irritant, but I would like to get rid of this problem if possible.
If any Plusnetters have a reliable suggestion of how to deal with MSVCR80, then I would be pleased to know about it
Many thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Keep getting error message about MSVCR80.dll

You can download MSVCR80.dll free from here http://www.dll-files.com/pop.php?dll=msvcr80
Instructions are given for registering the file after downloading if necessary.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
penneck
Aspiring Pro

I regret to report that I have failed. I went to where you pointed me, and downloaded their zip file. I unzipped the dll file into Window/System32. I rebooted, but still get those messages. I then tried their alternative method, but I got the following error message:-
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Reg C:\Windows\System32\regsvr.exe
R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly
Please contact the application support team for more information
Still these NSVCR80.dll messages come
Anyway thanks for trying.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Because AVG needs it in it's own directory - for example on my computer when I do a search on my c: drive
Note that Kaspersky has it in two places - the main directory and the x64 sub directory as I am running Windows 64 bit
penneck
Aspiring Pro

I may have been wrong when I stated that thos MSVCR80.dll messages still came. I was getting messages still, but they had changed to MSVCP80.dll - note the subtle difference.
So I went back on the web looking for data about that error message, and the same place had an equivalent for the new problem. I went through a similar process as with MSVCR80.dll, and now the messages seem to have stopped coming.
Thanks to all for your help
avatastic
Grafter

Try downloading and reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86) ?
MS - Microsoft, VC - Visual C++, R - Runtime, 80 The internal version number (8.0) for Visual Studio 2005
If that helps.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
penneck
Aspiring Pro

Avatastic - have done as you suggested
Thanks